Deep Learning Specialist in medical imaging
Department of Applied Research
To expand our R&D activities in Deep learning, we are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and excellent colleague, who will work on the R&D and applications of Deep Learning applied to our various clinical application areas.
Your responsibilities include the following:
- Setup, train and validate deep learning models working on medical images.
- Manage large image and annotation repositories.
- To keep up with international literature on Deep learning techniques
- To come up with innovative, robust and vendor-independent solutions that will work in daily clinical research
- To work together with the rest of the applied research team on practical applications of Deep Learning.
- To write (system) documentation in English
- To collaborate with clinical partners for external testing, validation and feedback on our innovations
- PhD / Master’s degree in engineering, computer science or imaging
- (Extensive) experience with Deep learning in medical applications
- Experience with Python programming language and relavant toolkits (NumPy, scipy, Tensorflow, PyTorch)
- Experience with medical applications is an asset
- Knowledge of C++ and toolkits Qt, Vtk, Itk, or DICOM is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English
- Enthusiastic team player
- Innovator and interested in biomedical technology
As an SME Medis medical imaging systems BV is a highly innovative company, where analytical software techniques are researched and developed for the accurate and quantitative analysis of medical images in the cardiovascular domain, such as for interventional cardiology (X-ray and IVUS/OCT) and for noninvasive techniques (MRI and MSCT). Our products support medical specialists in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac patients, and in carrying out their clinical research. All of these developments are carried out in close collaboration with key-opinion-leaders in the field and our software is distributed worldwide. Over the 25 years of its existence, Medis has obtained a strong brand-name in the entire world: we are a global highly-respected player.
The researcher works from our corporate office in Leiden, which is located next to the Leiden Central Station and also close to our primary research partner, the Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC).
- We offer a stimulating work environment with highly educated professionals all working on innovative products with a broad and high societal relevance;
- A position within a university environment, both in Leiden as well as in the so-called Medical Delta university triangle (Rotterdam, Delft and Leiden);
- A position in a field with significant growth potential;
- A market-conform salary including attractive secondary conditions
If you have any questions, please contact Johan HC Reiber, PhD, CEO.
Phone secretariat: +31 (0)71 522 32 44.
To apply for this position, you can use the
application form or send your resume with a short
motivation to HumanResources@medis.nl.
We do not accept unsolicited applications from recruitment