We are looking for a business controller located in the company’s headquarter in Leiden. To provide business support, analysis and partnership in all areas of Financial Planning and Analysis and Product Management. He / she is a thought partner to aid in decision making for key functional stakeholders: commercial, product management, product development, marketing, etc. The business controller conducts financial analysis to interpret and explain results, identify trends/patterns and measure results against plan and explain variances. He/she is responsible for the P&L consolidation and prepares and delivers information, reports, and presentations on findings in a clear cohesive manner for use in decision making. The business controller reports to the CEO. Market-conform remuneration package. Maximum 32 hours per week.
Position in Organization:
Objectives of the function are:
- Consolidating the quality of the administrations you are responsible for
- Improving the reporting and control role to add value to the company
- Be responsible for the new role of optimizing business processes
- Responsible for the high quality of the financial administration of all countries in which we operate
- Gather all the information required for month-end closure and the whole of the P & C cycle
- Preparing monthly and year-end profit and loss- and cash flow statements, KPI reports and annual figures
- Analyzing financial results and advise the organization upon these
- Drafting of qualitative and quantitative management reports
- Responsible for VAT declarations to tax authorities of all entities
- Budget and long-term financial plans
- Cash flow forecasting and -management
- Managing and optimizing the administrative organizational and internal control processes
- Conducting consultations with management and external accountant
- Acting as the internal consultant regarding controlling and financial topics on behalf of the management and other stakeholders
- Identifying developments with controlling and financial aspects relevant for the organization;
- Leading the administrative team in the Netherlands and the 2 administrative colleagues in Japan and the US.
- Growing by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in bodies of the relevant professional organizations
Education, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics or in business administration, at least HBO level
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience, preferably 2 years at an accounting firm;
- Experience with ERP systems
- Knowledge and experience with Exact business software (Globe and Synergy) and SalesForce.com is an advantage
- Knowledge and experience about development, selling and maintenance of software products / licensing business (Pay-per-use; SAAS) is an advantage as well
- You take initiatives to achieve results and be clear about your own priorities
- You have got the ambition and drive to grow in and with the organization
- You are experienced to candidly speak out your well thought of opinion and act as the sparring partner for the management team and their colleagues
- You are able to manage multiple tasks to completion adequately, you are able to work independently and autonomously
- You see through complex structures and processes quickly and are able to visualize these using modern techniques
- You are flexible with a hands-on and pro-active mentality
- You are able and inspired to work with people with different opinions and interests, partly also coming from different cultural backgrounds in an international setting
- You have an open, friendly and service-oriented attitude
- You possess the ability to work both in a team and independently
- You have good communication skills both verbally and in writing, in both Dutch and English
As an SME Medis medical imaging systems is a highly innovative and growing company, where analytical software is developed for the accurate and quantitative analysis of medical images in the cardiovascular domain. Medis’ products are used in the field of interventional cardiology (using X-ray and IVUS / OCT imaging) and for noninvasive diagnostics (using MRI and MSCT imaging). Our products support medical specialists in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac patients, and in executing their clinical research. Medis has close collaboration with key-opinion-leaders in the field and our software is distributed worldwide. Over the 30 years of its existence, Medis has obtained a strong brand-name world-wide: we are a global highly-respected player.
As a Business controller you will work from our corporate office in Leiden, which is located next to the Leiden Central Station and also close to our primary research partner, the Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC). Candidates should preferably be able to reach Leiden within 1 hour of travel.
- A stimulating work environment with highly educated professionals, working on innovative products
- A market-conform salary including attractive secondary conditions
- Maximum 32 hours per week.
If you have any questions, please contact Louis Brackel, responsible for the search for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this position, you can send your resume with a short motivation to email@example.com.
We do not accept unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies.