To expand our research team further, we are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and excellent researcher, who will work particularly on image-based physiology across the various imaging domains.
Your responsibilities include the following:
- To keep up with the international literature on cardiovascular, in particular coronary, physiology
- To guide the Medis AR team in developing and optimizing innovative solutions in this physiology field
- To further optimize and extend the physiologic algorithms based on clinical data
- To collaborate with both clinical and technical partners on the external testing, validation and feedback on our innovations
- To investigate the application of Deep Learning technologies to solve tasks where appropriate
- To (co) author publications in this particular field
- To collaborate with software engineering teams to transfer these innovations from research to final product releases
- PhD / Master’s degree in medical technology
- Extensive knowledge and experience in coronary physiology
- Extensive knowledge and experience with statistical methods
- Function as a bridge between the clinical and technical fields
- Extensive experience with image segmentation/ processing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English
- Enthusiastic team player
- Innovator and interested in biomedical technology
As an SME Medis Medical Imaging Systems BV is a highly innovative company, where analytical software techniques are researched and developed for the accurate and quantitative analysis of medical images in the cardiovascular domain, such as for interventional cardiology (X-ray and IVUS/OCT) and for noninvasive techniques (MRI and MSCT). Our products support medical specialists in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac patients, and in carrying out their clinical research. All of these developments are carried out in close collaboration with key-opinion-leaders in the field and our software is distributed worldwide. Over the 30 years of its existence, Medis has obtained a strong brand-name in the entire world: we are a global highly-respected player.
- The researcher works from our corporate office in Leiden, which is located next to the Leiden Central Station and is close to our primary research partner, the Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC).
- We offer a stimulating work environment with highly educated professionals all working on innovative products with a broad and high societal relevance;
- A position in a field with significant growth potential;
- A market-conform salary including attractive secondary conditions
if you have any questions, please contact Johan HC Reiber, PhD, CSO. Phone secretariat: +31 (0)71 522 32 44.
To apply for this position send your resume with a short motivation to HumanResources@medis.nl
We do not accept unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies.