To expand our research team further, we are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and excellent researcher, who will work on the research and development of new and existing software algorithms and applications, in particular within the cardiovascular domain.
Your responsibilities include the following:
- To keep up with international literature on the subjects
- To come up with innovative, robust and practical solutions that will work in daily clinical routine
- To develop these algorithms and/or applications in C++ or Python using platform independent tools, such as Qt, vtk and Itk and tools from the SciPy stack
- To investigate the application of Deep Learning technologies to solve tasks where appropriate
- To write (system) documentation in English
- To collaborate with clinical partners on the external testing, validation and feedback on our innovations
- To collaborate with software engineering teams to transfer these innovations from research to final product releases
- PhD / Master’s degree in engineering, computer science or imaging
- Extensive experience with image segmentation/ processing
- Experience with medical applications is an asset
- Experience in the development of object-oriented software, preferably in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of Qt, Vtk, Itk, SciPy tools and 3D visualization or DICOM is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English
- Enthusiastic team player
- Innovator and interested in biomedical technology
As an SME Medis medical imaging systems is a highly innovative company, where analytical software is developed for the accurate and quantitative analysis of medical images in the cardiovascular domain. Medis’ products are used in the field of interventional cardiology (using X-ray and IVUS / OCT imaging) and for noninvasive diagnostics (using MRI and MSCT imaging). Our products support medical specialists in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac patients, and in executing their clinical research. Medis has close collaboration with key-opinion-leaders in the field and our software is distributed worldwide. Over the 30 years of its existence, Medis has obtained a strong brand-name world-wide: we are a global highly-respected player.
The researcher works from our corporate office in Leiden, which is located next to the Leiden Central Station and is close to our primary research partner, the Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC).
- A stimulating work environment with highly educated professionals, working on innovative products
- A position in a field with significant growth potential and high societal relevance
- A market-conform salary including attractive secondary conditions
If you have any questions, please contact Johan HC Reiber, PhD, CSO at email@example.com / Phone secretariat: +31 (0)71 522 32 44.
We do not accept unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies.