Medis’ products support medical professionals with clinical decision making tasks and the interpretation of clinical research studies by providing quantitative tools. For this, Medis has a Quality Management System (QMS) in place in which Medis has defined the following quality policy:
- Raise quality awareness among the employees by communicating quality objectives and encouraging employees to actively contribute to the QMS;
- Maintain the effectiveness of the QMS to ensure that its processes and products comply with relevant quality standards;
- Establish company-wide quality objectives based on this quality policy, and review them based on the information obtained from management reviews of the QMS;
- Perform internal audits and communicate quality standards and regulations to familiarize its employees with the framework and impact;
- Enhance the software development process and the quality of software products by implementing level 2 or higher of the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMi®) for software development;
- Continuously improve products based on feedback from customers, medical specialists and technicians in hospitals or analysts in Core labs, and partners in product development or in supply and sales;
- Provide adequate services to customers, partners and relations.
Medis medical imaging systems bv has established and maintains a Quality Management System (QMS) to comply with European Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC.
Therefore, the company holds the recognized ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 13485:2003 certifications from SGS, UK. The latter certification has been provided under both the United Kingdom Accreditation System (UKAS) and the Canadian Medical Device Conformity Assessment System (CMDCAS) scheme.
In addition, Medis medical imaging systems bv has obtained US FDA 510(k) market clearance letters for its products.
Further, Medis medical imaging systems bv has obtained KFDA approval by fulfilling the Korea Good Manufacturing Practice (KGMP) for its products.
Medis medical imaging systems bv software development process conforms to IEC 62304:2006 “Medical device software – Software life cycle processes”. Further, a risk management process is followed, based on ISO 14971:2012 “Medical device software risk management” to identify potential risks and mitigate these risks as a part of the product life cycle.
If you require further information on Medis’ QMS or the regulatory approval status for Medis’ products, please contact:
B. Goedhart, Ph.D.
Vice President Corporate R&D
Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance representative
Phone: +31 71 5241 700